Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A MISTAKE ALMOST EVERY GUY MAKES...

I've noticed a KEY difference between the way
men and women act when they meet a "potential
mate".

Women usually act in a way that can be
characterized like this:

"You're interesting to me. I'd like to get to know
you better, and we can see where this goes."

Men usually act in a way that can be
characterized like this:

"I am so interested in you that I'm nervous. In
fact, I'm already thinking of you as a potential
girlfriend or wife... or at least a one-night
stand."

In other words, women are usually casual and
laid-back when they're first meeting a guy...

But GUYS tend to act like every girl is a
POTENTIAL WIFE.

As you can imagine, this creates a lot of
tension and pressure.

And I'm not talking about the GOOD kind,
either.

I'm talking about the kind that makes men
shiver and shake with nervousness, and women feel
uncomfortable because the MAN is acting
uncomfortable.

I KNOW that you can relate to this in some way.

THE ANSWER...

The simple solution to this is...

DON'T DO IT.

If you start acting all freakish and nervous
when you're talking to a woman, you're probably
going to screw things up before they've even had a
chance to get started.

Treating a woman that you've just met as if she
very well could be the love of your life is
something you should NEVER do.

Instead, take a very different approach.

My favorite is to ASSUME that every woman has
SOMETHING that's going to annoy me, bother me, or
SCREW UP HER CHANCES with me.

The MAIN reason that I do this...

SURPRISE...

IS THAT IT'S TRUE!

Duh.

The fact is that MOST women are NOT compatible
"long term" with most men. In other words, if you
do get into a long-term relationship with a
particular woman, the chances are that she's going
to have things about her that you don't like.

One of my lines to
follow is, "You're screwing up your chances with
me".

Let's say I'm walking down the street with a
girl to have a cup of tea. Let's assume that she
and I just met the night before, I got her number,
and now we're going from her place to tea.

On the way in the door to the coffee shop, she
trips over the doorway.

I might look at her, shake my head in an
"overly dramatic fake annoyed" way, and say, "This
relationship just isn't going to work".

Then, let's say fifteen minutes later, she
spills her tea on the table and herself.

I'll shake my head again and say, "What did I
tell you about this kind of behavior?".

In other words, I'm communicating the very
OPPOSITE of "You're a potential wife". I'm saying,
"I'm so comfortable around you that I can even
make fun of you without caring what you think of
me".

Does this sound a little crazy?

Good. It should.

But trust me.

If you spend a couple of hours having regular,
normal conversation... being Cocky & Funny,
enjoying yourself, NOT trying to impress her, and
generally demonstrating that you could care less
how things turn out, you'll be FAR more likely to
take things further than if you act as if she
might be the love of your life and you wind up
acting so nervous, stilted, and DUMB that she runs
away.


So here it is again... one thing that most guys
who are unsuccessful with women do that screws
things up... one thing to AVOID:

DON'T TREAT A WOMAN YOU'VE JUST MET AS IF SHE'S A
POTENTIAL FUTURE WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND.


Instead, lean back. Be cool. Make jokes about
her screwing up her chances with you. Tell her
that she's a nice friend. Assume that she has
qualities that are going to annoy you, then point
them out (in a Cocky & Funny way, of course).

Don't lose your composure. It can be fatal if
you do.

Another note:

Most guys don't "get" women.

And, unfortunately, most guys look for tricks
and "pick up lines" when it comes time to LEARN
how to meet women.

They don't realize that all the tricks in the
world aren't going to help them if they don't
UNDERSTAND what's "going on".

No comments: